Once, a Russian troika was a simple, pretty thing. A sledge drawn by three horses harnessed abreast. These days it’s a whole other matter.
The troika today is;
- The European Commission (EC)
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- The European Central Bank (ECB).
To be clear, I am no economist and I know only little of the above three groupings, but; I believe this of them.
- Their purpose lies not in safeguarding the health and welfare of any person in Ireland (themselves excepted).
- Ireland belongs to them; lock, stock and (no smoking) barrel.
Effectively, not least because of their sniveling stance, our Government is become our landlord and because of that, I must take seriously the historic direction shown to all of us by the Irish Land League who staged the effective land war from 1880.
Those good men of the Land League may be turning in their graves at such a reversal by those whom we elected.
Worn at the Land League’s first mass-meeting in Claremorris in 1879, attended by several thousand marchers, a green ribbon or laurel leaf by all present. I can do that.
What do you want to do?